Are you facing an unexpected or crisis pregnancy?
or arrange some practical help?
Crisis Pregnancy Support Wairarapa has opened! (See below for contact details.)
Here are a few ways we may be able to help you:
- Listen to things you need to talk about, giving you as much time as you need to work through any concerns you may have.
- Provide emotional support throughout your pregnancy.
- Help you to talk to your partner or parents if that is hard for you.
Provide Information About…
- Medical care – pregnancy tests, midwives, doctors, childbirth education.
- Where to go for budgeting, food parcels or financial help.
- How you can continue your education through pregnancy and beyond.
Practical Help For…
- Transport to medical appointments.
- Finding suitable and affordable accommodation.
- Searching for baby clothes and equipment.
What does this process look like?
If you wish to use our service please ring 0800 004 277 (freephone) and speak to our receptionist in Nelson who will put you in touch with a care coordinator so that an appointment can be arranged for you.
Our service is free and totally confidential.
Your coordinator will spend time with you, (most first appointments take about an hour) helping you to work through the issues the pregnancy raises. Follow up appointments are offered as needed.
You are welcome to bring a support person with you on your visits with us.
We offer you a free, confidential, non-judgmental service, and time to explore how it would be for you to continue your pregnancy if you had the right kind of support.
Nelson/Tasman Contact - Free call: 0800 004 277
Or phone: 03 548 1858 (Nelson hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.)
Wairarapa Contact - Free call: 0800 006 277
Wairarapa hours are 8:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Email Wairarapa clinic: firstname.lastname@example.org