Are you facing an unexpected or crisis pregnancy?
Do you need someone to talk to who can give you information
or arrange some practical help?
We aim to live up to the name gifted to us “Hapai Taumaha Hapūtanga” Hapai (to carry) Taumaha (to be heavy or burdened) Hapūtanga (pregnancy). We understand that sometimes pregnancy can feel “heavy”, we want to help carry some of that weight, standing shoulder to shoulder with you, working in partnership to help you navigate this stressful time.
Here are a few ways we may be able to help you:
- Listen to things you need to talk about, giving you as much time as you need to work through any concerns you may have.
- Provide emotional support throughout your pregnancy.
- Help you to talk to your partner or parents if that is hard for you.
Provide Information About…
- Medical care – pregnancy tests, midwives, doctors, childbirth education.
- Where to go for budgeting, food parcels or financial help.
- How you can continue your education through pregnancy and beyond.
Practical Help For…
- Transport to medical appointments.
- Finding suitable and affordable accommodation.
- Searching for baby clothes and equipment.
What does this process look like?
If you wish to use our service please ring 0800 004 277 (freephone) and follow the prompts to be connected to someone who will put you in touch with a care coordinator so that an appointment can be arranged for you.
Our service is free and totally confidential.
Your coordinator will spend time with you, (most first appointments take about an hour) helping you to work through the issues the pregnancy raises. Follow up appointments are offered as needed.
You are welcome to bring a support person with you on your visits with us.
We offer you a free, confidential, non-judgemental service, and a safe space to discuss your pregnancy and the support available to you.
Free call: 0800 004 277 (Nelson & Wellington)
Our hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.